OVER A CENTURY OF INNOVATION AND CLIENT SATISFACTION


Who We Are

Since 1910, LLI Engineering has been consistently recognized for providing top-quality engineering and architectural design services.

Completing more than 10,000 major projects, representing over $3.5 billion in construction spending, with excellent client reviews, confirm why LLI has such a long and rich history. Our core values include providing straightforward communication, meticulous contract management, cost-effective construction, and business driven client solutions.

Located near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, LLI Engineering has completed projects in over 20 different states. We specialize in commercial, critical facilities, infrastructure upgrades, green building design, energy conservation modifications, project engineering, and engineering estimates. LLI provides architectural, electrical, mechanical, piping, and structural engineering services.


Our Leadership


Our History

LLI Engineering today has over 100 active clients. The firm works with many prominent corporations, developers/owners, architectural firms, construction firms, and other clients to provide innovative solutions to today's complex problems.

By combining the former name (Larsen and Ludwig, Inc. - LLI) and their expertise... LLI Technologies became the largest Pittsburgh based firm specializing in complex infrastructure systems. The nation's largest technology and telecommunications companies became major clients of the firm. The firm manages many design-build projects for several clients to help meet critical time schedules.

In 1947, Davis sold his shares in the company to Henry Larsen, a structural engineer, and the company name changed to Hunting, Larsen and Dunnells. The client base also began to change, adding more commercial clients, general office buildings, banks and research laboratories to its portfolio expertise.

In 1947, Davis sold his shares in the company to Henry Larsen, a structural engineer, and the company name was changed to Hunting, Larsen and Dunnells. The client base also began to change, adding more commercial clients, general office buildings, banks and research laboratories to its portfolio expertise.

In 1930, the firm added a new engineering partner and changed the name to Hunting, Davis and Dunnells. As the reputation of the company began to grow, so did the scope and magnitude of its projects. Leading up to and during the World War II years, there was a focus on industrial and manufacturing projects. In that time frame the firm added clients such as the Railroads, the Federal Government, the US Army Engineers and the US Navy to its growing list of clients. Westinghouse, Alcoa, General Electric, Piper Aircraft, Peoples Natural Gas and Graybar Electric were all prominent industrial clients of the time. Many of these companies remain as clients to this day.

An engineer and an architect started a company that would become known for utilizing new ideas and putting them into practical applications for the benefit of their clients. The Hunting-Davis Company was established in 1910 based on the utilization of reinforced concrete as a structural framing system.

During the early 1900's, this new building technology made it possible to build cost-effective multi-floor structures capable of carrying huge loads. Combined with advances in vertical transportation systems (elevators), the ability to create heavy-duty structures that were naturally fire-proff and highly secure caused the appearance of buildings such as the multi-story automobile dealerships, high-rise warehousing and massive multi-story manufacturing structures. A few notable clients during the period included Union Switch and Signal (Braddock, PA), Pittsburgh Plate Glass (PPG), Kaufmann's, Standard Manufacturing (plumbing fixtures) and Cheesebrough-Ponds.

Get in touch

  • Address:  1501 Preble Avenue
                       Suite 300
                              Pittsburgh, PA 15233

  • Phone:      (412) 904-4310